Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Warlord Games Soviet Infantry - 2 Boxes Completed

Finished up the figures after getting home from the Xenos Rampant game - after mowing the lawn first though. Wanted to get them done before heading out to Enfilade early Friday morning. Needed to clean off my painting area (the dining room table), as my wife will have folks over on Saturday.

As mentioned in a previous post, these were sprayed with Rustoleum khaki and various uniforms were painted over with Vallejo Iraqi Sand. I also painted some with a lightened mixture of Vallejo Green Brown for a little more variety. It's amazing how the shade seems to change when looking at khaki and olive drab colors too long!

There are enough for eight 10-man squads, each led by and officer and having an LMG and panzerfaust. 

The Minwax stain really helped in defining the details - especially on the quilted uniforms.

This was a nice project as I had never had an interest in WW2 Soviets until my buddy gave me those Russian tanks. Thanks again for stopping by and wishing you the best. My next post, hopefully, will be updates from the convention this weekend.


12 comments:

  1. A game, a convention, a new project brought to a finish. Quite a week, plus you mowed the lawn. I do feel the underachieving old git. Have fun at the con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Joe! I should've mentioned the wife and I also cleaned our windows. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Wow Dean! These Soviet soldiers look amazing. You did great work with their paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kuan! Your kind words are much appreciated. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. I stand in awe at your workmanship and your work rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're too kind, Richard. Appreciate you compliments! Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Great looking Soviets and so rapidly done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words again, Iain! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Excellent work as usual Dean - your Russian infantry look just right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Keith. They're ready for tabletop battles. 😀 Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Ah the old free gift which turns into yet another project....Those look great Dean, looking forward to seeing them on the table...
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Stu. I'm hoping to use them soon, once I settle on a scenario. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete