Saturday, May 20, 2023

Warlord Games Late War German Grenadiers - WIP Update

Finished block painting and Minwax staining them. The Russian infantry are next. Just a quick update to let you see the progress on this project.

These figures have nice details which paint up well.


Here they are block painted prior to staining.
Thanks for stopping by - and wishing you the best.

EDIT: A few close ups.

Looks like I missed painted the straps; they were hard to make out, but now magnified I can see them. I'll likely go over them - if I can seem them.

8 comments:

  1. Looking good Dean! I for one would appreciate at least a few close ups, once the painting and basing is completed on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice words again, Keith. I updated the post with a couple of sample close ups - as I plan to start on the Russians before basing this up. Also, I am attending our big annual convention, Enfilade, this Friday where I'll be hosting two Bolt Action Western Desert games. :) Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. They look amazing Dean. I find that often it is not what you paint on a figure, but what you don't that is important. At this scale it's about the impression. I love them even if some details are ignored. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice words, Richard. The raindrops on the camo would've made it too busy looking, especially after staining. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Amazing is a word that is to describe both the speed and out come, Dean! One can always add details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Joe. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Still flabbergasted at how you churn these out. If I paint ten in a week I feel like a God.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kevin. Put in some overtime on these. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete