Wednesday, May 24, 2023

First Xenos Rampant Game

Played Xenos Rampant for the first time in my buddy's playtest for his games this coming weekend at Enfilade. I've played Lion and Dragon Rampant in the past, but have been playing Bolt Action and SAGA recently, so had to re-remember stuff, and also learn the newer stuff in Xenos. It's fairly quick playing so much to my liking. I ran a force of Elite and Light infantry, as well as a Walker - of the red force which I forgot the faction name. The scenario was the capture of several drones roaming the battlefield. I was able to capture one with my Elite infantry unit and successfully get it off my table edge. Granted the random direction/movement rolls by the GM did move the drone close to the unit early on. All the models and terrain were provided by the GM - he has his own blog called I Live With Cats, which some of you may know of. Here are some images from the game - in no particular order.



This is the detachment I ran.







A really fun game and scenario with excellent figures and terrain. I hope to field my own detachment someday using some of my Sisters of Battle and Space Marine figures.

Well so much for now, I'm hoping to finish up the Warlord Games Soviets and get ready to host a couple of Bolt Action Western Desert games this weekend at Enfilade. Thanks for stopping by and wishing you all the best.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michal. Yes, it was a fun game with great figures and terrain by my buddy. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Cool looking game Dean. Looking forward to some Desert action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ray! Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Very nice looking units and terrain. Game report looks like you both had fun. Good luck in the desert this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe! There were 6 players, 3 per side, and a GM. Great scenario and fun rules. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. I love that the photos are high-res. Makes it easier to look at the details of the miniatures on the tabletop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kuan. I try to show the whole set up, and then close ups. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. That looked like a blast, excellent pictures.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kevin. Had a great time, and plan to get more Xenos games in. Warmest regards,Dean

      Delete