Sunday, November 7, 2021

Sisters Repentia and Arco-Flagellants

 These are the last of the figures from the two Sisters of Battle Combat Patrol boxes.

Nice sculpts, but very weird and I had to refer a lot to the box art to figures out how to paint them.
There are 3 poses for the Repentia figures - with some allowing head variations.
The Repentia are still basically in human form, so were painted in normal flesh tones. Although, as with the much stranger Arco-Flagellants, they have some bio-mechanical parts implanted in various parts of their bodies.
The Arco-Flagellants from the Patrol boxes come in only 2 variations, but with some head variation options. They have much more bio-mechanical parts, so their "flesh" was painted in a sort of "undead" tone. I lightened the flesh basecoat and then gave it a dirty, blackish wash.
I'm holding off on hosting more games until we have our backyard landscaping finish - hopefully in under two weeks. Tired of cutting the grass and keeping it from getting moss and weeds. I do have a Sisters of Battle Exorcist to work on though. Until next time, stay in good health and enjoy the hobby!

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you much, Michal! I'm happy with the way they turned out. Took a little bit to figure out what I was painting. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Great work Dean ! Fantastic paint-job ! I love the Repentia Sisters , but I find they missed the ball with the Arco-Flagellants & the Penitent engines. They could have made those a lot nicer.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the comment, Mario! Having no background on the Sisters (or much about 40K in general for that matter), I had no preconceptions about them :) Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Wow! These are amazing paint jobs, Dean! Incredible, really. Good luck with your landscaping project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind words, Jonathan. Much appreciated. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. They are certainly a quirky bunch, the sculpting for GW is absolutely fantastic but my they are hard to store !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt. I'm surprised that they didn't fall over. They're pretty well balanced. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Vladimir. Appreciate your kind words. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Simon. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. Dean,
    I’m not sure what they are but they look awesome as always.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Neil. Lol! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Hmmm..very odd indeed Dean - I can see why you needed some guidance from the box artwork! They are beautifully painted as usual of course and I will be interested to see the Exorcist in due course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith! Yes, particularly so since I have no background with Sisters of Battle (or 40K for that matter). They are interesting to paint up, though. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  9. Great paint jobs as always Dean! Hope your landscaping goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the kind words, Mike!. Hoping the landscaping is done by early next week, as I want to host an EIR vs Celts Hail Caesar game soon. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  10. Great looking sisters repenta and archo flagellants!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Iain! The "Weird Sisters" :) Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  11. I popped in to have a look. These are nice Dean, still freaky to me, but love your painting style. That said, now go and paint some more Samurai!!!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Kevin! Sorry for the late response. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  12. Those things are just crazy looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - I would likely never have gotten them if they hadn't come with the Combat Patrol set. I just didn't want to leave them unpainted. :) Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  13. Nicely done Dean. Great work on the sisters!

    ReplyDelete