Monday, November 15, 2021

Sisters of Battle Exorcist

It's a tank with missiles, but the codex adds, "More than artillery tanks, Exorcists are mobile shrines to the magnificence of the Emperor that project inspirational battle canticles." I have to look up what canticles means.

Although I'm not a 40K player, I do like to paint some of their more interesting models, like this one.
I followed the box art for the paint scheme pretty closely. It's in the colors of the Our Martyred Lady order.
For the wings at the back, and also the other sculpted icons, I used Vallejo Khaki as a base coat, followed with a wash of Vallejo Skin Wash and then dry-brushed with Vallejo Bonewhite; and little white added to the Bonewhite for the final highlights. Seems to give a nice overall "stone" look.
The tank commander/driver has a set of organ keys to operate it. I think it also controls the firing of the missiles at the back.
The tank on the box art has several decals on the front, but I chose not to add them as I like the more start look of the black contrasting with the gilded parts.
A group shot above with the the Exorcist along with the two Rhinos painted earlier.

Due to non-stop rain last week and today, our landscaping project got delayed. This means my intended game for this Friday will likely also be postponed. I do want to host an Hail Caesar game before the year's out, but I know folks have holiday get togethers, so it may not be able to be. In any case, thanks for stopping by and wishing you all the best as we near the end of 2021.

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ray! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Michal! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. You re producing a very impressive 40k army Dean for somebody who doesn’t game 40k 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thank you so much, Matt! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and visit! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Oh, that's fantastic work, Dean! I used to have a sisters army back in the day, and have been working very hard to resist temptation on this. You're not making it any easier ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Markus. I think the Combat Patrol box has a nice variety of models. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Fantastic work Dean ! The Exorcist looks fantastic.
    How do you motivate yourself to paint so many models of the same army? I never get past 10 models before switching to the next army.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mario! Interesting question. I usually don't think too much on actual numbers of figures but more about what I would like as the end result. That said, I think I'll be taking a break from the Sisters for now. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. These get fancier every time GW releases a new version (I think this is the third official one, and the original one was a conversion)

    Once again great work, particularly the wings and gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words and visit. I saw an older version that had cool-looking raised sculpted panels. That one looks impressive. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Wonderful stuff Dean, no idea what I would do with it, but it is a fantastic piece of kit and great paint skills.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stu! Yes, same here - not about to get into 40K (at least not seriously), but I just had to give this a shot as it looks so interesting. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  9. Yes these are really pretty cool Dean - Like Stu, I would struggle to find anyone in my gaming circle who would countenance games with such weird contraptions, but as eye candy, they really are a visual feast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith. A bunch of us have a big Dragon Rampant multi-player game day in December; I'm thinking about using this one model as a Heavy Rider with options. :) Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  10. Splendid looking mobile organ/ battle tank,seriously good painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iain. There was a lot of brushwork - but mostly washes and dry-brushing thanks to the great sculpting (usual with GW/Citadel kits). Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  11. How many points for that beast I have to wonder. It’s been too long since I played to remember. You did justice to the box art, well done sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kevin. According to the current codex, 150 points + 30 more for the missile launcher. Not expected date for it to be in a game anytime soon. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  12. Well done, let me add to the cacophony of praise. Having painted the first version I can appreciate the time and effort you put in, the result is spectacular. Sure.y the canticles will be ammended to include your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  13. Dang. Now I need a mechanized Church organ for my army! Great work as always.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Neil! Yes, the sound of victory :) Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Scrivs! Not sure if they'll ever see battle, but I have some opponents here with 40K armies (Pat L. being one of them). Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  15. Simply stunning work. Superbly done Dean. If I were ever to get back to W40K painting ... the Adepta Sororitas would be near the top of my list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kuan! Warm regards, Dean

      Delete