Wednesday, September 29, 2021

McFarlane Black Templar Space Marine - Abhor the Witch.

Sticking with the black armor with bluish-white highlighting like the earlier Order of Our Martyred Lady Sister of Battle, did up this Black Templar.

The edging does look a little too strong - and not the most realistic highlighting; probably should've lightened it up a bit.
The purity seal is another separate piece from ebay. It actually came as a freebie with a weapon order.
A fairly simple paint job, with the Maltese crosses on the pauldrons and helmet being the standouts.
This is likely the last Space Marine in this type of armor I'll paint up. However, I do have several pre-ordered figures in Phobos armor that are supposed to be released in December. I also ordered a couple of of Sisters of Battle Combat Patrol sets - couldn't pass up the discounted price on ebay and Amazon. Plan to paint them up in black armor too.
I'm running out of shelf space for these big figures, but they're kind of fun to paint up. Anyway, thanks again for stopping by and checking out the blog. Oh, and I am playtesting a Black Powder Austrian vs. Bavarian Napoleonic game my buddy James is hosting this Friday. Will post pictures when done. Until next time, best wishes to you all!

17 comments:

  1. Another really cool looking BIG figure Dean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Keith. Last one of this type for now. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Very nicely done, I was not aware you could even get 7" tall space marines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scrivs. Not sure if you have them in the UK, but the local Target stores here had the Blood Angel and Sororitas figures for $19.99. McFarlane is releasing Phobos armored Reiver figures in Dec -https://mcfarlane.com/toys/ultramarines-reiver-bolt-carbine/ I pre-ordered some from Amazon - again at $19.99 each :) Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
    2. Interestingly I Googled these figures after seeing them here - I think the nearest vendor was in Australia and they were more like $60 or $70 each! Not quite such a bargain at that price :)

      Delete
    3. Dang - that's not good. Bummer about the availability in your part of the world.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michal - I had to do one up on black armor - my wife said they look like Power Rangers :) Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. You did an awesome paint-job on this one !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mario. I do like the black and white colors - quite striking. Although I think I should've lightened up the blue edging a bit. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Cool paint job Dean! Black ain’t the easiest of colours but you pulled it off admirably!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment, Mike! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Another great looking space marine! Blackpowder report sounds good!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. Yes, I hope to host my own BP games after this refresher/play-test game with my buddy. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. Yeah the edging makes me think of Tron, but damn it still looks good. So this project is strictly for your showcase, no crazy ideas of actually gaming with it I hope, or maybe I do (it would be cool though expensive).

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and nice comment. Kevin. Yes. Hahaha, Tron, I agree. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Wow ... I want one of those now. Looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete