Monday, September 26, 2011

Copplestone - III. Seebatallione WIP

Finally started on these guy - won them off of ebay for a good price sometime ago. I held off painting them because a couple of them had rifle barrels broken off. I ended up putting pins in those and adding some Green Stuff for the sights. They painted up really fast. I used Krylon Khaki for the basecoat and then added some highlights of Vallejo German Camo Beige with a little white. Here they are prior to getting a dip in Miniwax - maybe tomorrow.
Here's a cool site for German Colonial troops
I plan to use these guys in a game this Saturday. Later they'll be used in a Tsingtao scenario using The Great War rules.


  1. Kudos on the paintwork so far but especially pins and green stuff.

  2. Thanks so much for the great comments, Gents.

    Angry: I was trying to find a pin vise drill, but can't seem to find the small size bit anywhere. I ended up making a small starter hole with a hobby knife. Then I pressed in a pin and superglued it. Seems strong enough now. Best, Dean

  3. Look good! These guys should turn out really nice.