Sunday, January 30, 2022

Workbench Update - ECW Cavalry Painted & Stained - Also Arrival Of Another Perry Order

While awaiting the arrival of Perry Scots Pikemen to complete the last foot regiment, went ahead and worked on the cavalry. Managed to block paint and Minwax stain 7 units of cavalry.

Kept the paint scheme simple, the ones with blue horse blankets will be Royalists, and the ones with red blankets Parliamentarian - except for the one cuirassier unit - which has red blankets but will be Royalists. The ones I picked up from my buddy don't have pistol holsters, but I'll try to mix them up with the ones I put together which do have the holsters attached.
The Perry order did, in fact, arrive yesterday - and I will finish up the Scots Covenanter foot unit next. A couple packs of Chasseur a Pied from their new Franco-Prussian War range was added to the order. I was surprised to see that these are a bit larger/taller than their usual figures.
In any case, they size up quite nicely with the Eagles of Empire figures.
Thanks again for stopping by and checking out the blog. Wishing you all the best!

18 comments:

  1. The cavalry looks good. You are really getting through this project pretty quickly!

    I wonder if the Perry's sized their new French figures to fit with other ranges. Probably not, but it is an interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Dave. It is interesting; I wonder if their plastic FPW figures are also this size. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Seven units of cavalry completed ina few days as a fill in while you wait for an order to arrive....unbelievable Dean! It took me a couple of months to paint up my five regiments of GNW Swedish cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith. The fairly simple clothing style of this period really makes painting these up nice. No lacing and buttons like GNW and later. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. You have done a fantastic job on delivering a new project in such a short time, these are going to be lovely looking looking armies on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Norm. I think cavalry could be as numerous as infantry in some of the ECW battles, so wanted a lot of these. In fact, most of my Napoleonic armies have far less cavalry. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. WoooW! Agree,unbelievable! Great looking cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michal! Always appreciate your visits and kind words. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. The cavalry looks good. only wanted larger pictures and banners of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexey. The banners will displayed next - once the figures are based. Although I should find a few more of these. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Great looking cavalry, you'll soon be gaming Marston Moor!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words, Iain! Looking forward to it. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. Splendid output Dean! Curious to see them on table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mike! Still need to do up a few more units (Dragoons and Scots), as well as artillery, but we're getting there. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. As others have said Marston Moor is well within your grasp. Nice done painting 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Matt! I hope my usual 8x6' table space will have enough room to maneuver - particularly the cavalry. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  9. You are a busy man Dean. I haven't been able to motivate myself to paint of late, much less blog. I like the Franco Prussian stuff. I have yet to play GMT's game At Any Cost: Metz.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Kevin! The FPW stuff I have is mainly for skirmish, as I don't plan on getting "regiments" of figures for the period. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete