The project is up to 6 units each of pike & shotte and cavalry, thanks in no small part to my buddy kindly gifting me back two units each of those - including my dear Scots! I had kept my King Charles vignette and Prince Rupert and Boye command stand. My buddy is into Thirty Years War, specifically the Swedish phase, and not into the ECW, anyway.
In addition to these painted figures, I just received a couple more boxes of foot from ebay, as well as a big order (for me) from Noble Knight Games. The Noble Knight order includes the Ordanance battery, cuirassiers, another box of foot, a saker gun, and several mounted commanders. I will have to hold off on painting them for a few weeks, as I'm heading to Hawaii in a couple of days to visit my family.
I may update the blog while in Hawaii if I stumble into any hobby-related stuff, but I'm actually going to help out my brother whose been taking care of our 94 year old mom by himself. Until next time, wising you all the best.

This is a serious approach to business! Well done! It turns out to be a great army!
ReplyDeleteIt sure is! Alexey, you will see that Dean does not mess about!
DeleteThanks, Gents! Yes, once I saw the free shipping amount for Noble Knight - I had to push it to the limit and then some, Lol! Kindest regards, Dean
DeleteImpressive work and purchases, Dean! Enjoy your visit to family in Hawaii!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for you kind sentiment, Jonathan! Heading out tomorrow morning - taking along some light reading material - Osprey's Battle of of Marston Moor, and a couple of Pike & Shotte supplements. Warmest regards, Dean
DeleteFantastic collection. I like the shape of the foot regiments with 4 ranks; it looks more in line with contemporary illustrations than the more linear formations we often see on the table.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cod! Yes, that's what I had envisioned doing with the ones I had sold to my buddy. In fact, when he gifted the two units back to me, I went ahead and rebased the shotte. 4 units of 6 figs looks good, and still deployable for line and hedgehog formations. In fact, the hedgehog works better with 4 units per corner. Warmest regards, Dean
DeleteOh, awesome collection Dean!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Michal. Kindest regards, Dean
DeleteGreat ECW collection Dean, the ordinance battery set is excellent!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mike. Yes, I didn't have the set before, and it's pretty awesome with all of the figures and resin terrain. Warmest regards, Dean
DeleteThat's a fairly significant reinforcement Dean! I hope your time in Hawaii goes well.
ReplyDeleteWow such focus Dean, if is wasn’t for your Hawaii trip I’m sure the new forces would be painted up in a week or so 😀
ReplyDeleteThis is phenomenal Dean! What an amazing group shot and still more to come; I can't wait. I hope the trip to Hawaii goes well.
ReplyDeleteA magnificent collection, keep it up Dean!!
ReplyDeleteHappy to see that this project is very successfully returning from the dead! :-)
ReplyDeleteA superb looking force Dean.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Pardon my late reply, but thank you all for your kind words!
ReplyDelete