Friday, September 27, 2019

Warlord Games Stuff

Picked these up at the local post office yesterday. These actually should've been delivered to my home mailbox earlier, but for some reason my mail was placed on, "Vacation Hold." I never did this, but I suspect my neighbor may have a few weeks ago and the post office mixed up the address. Anyway, these were all on sale -
Bolt Action El Alamein Starter Set - including a handbook version of the 2nd Ed. rules - which I didn't have, so a big plus there. A copy each of the Age of Bronze and A Dark and Bloody Ground supplements for Hail Caesar and Black Powder, respectively. And finally, an inflatable projectile that I couldn't pass up at 50% off.

For the record, I've always had excellent dealings with Warlord Games - my orders have always arrived in excellent packing/condition in a very short time. I usually get stuff from them in about a week and a half - all the way to Washington State in the Pacific NW. I have a hard time resisting their deals and sales, as well as the free shipping for orders only over $50 USD.

Well, I may be preoccupied for a while, so until next time, happy gaming and painting!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike. I've never done the Western Desert, so this will be an entirely new arena. Looking forward to it. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michal. I'm looking forward to putting the multi-part figures of the Afrika Korps and 8th Army. Lots of various heads and such. Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. That’s a lot like Christmas come early , enjoy 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt. Yes, a good start to the holiday season - as "they" say, it's starts earlier and earlier every year. :) Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Nice big haul, no doubt painted in no time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Iain. I was thinking of base coating both the Germans and Brits with a tan/sand colored spray paint, then adding various other colors as needed, then given the Minwax stain treatment. I think putting the multi-part figures together will take most of the time, but I'm looking forward to it. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Well, that inflatable 17lb round is just the "bomb!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes, Ed. I couldn't pass it up at 1/2 price too! Regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. The Middle East as a whole is an interesting period to game, particularly the earlier campaigns when the armoured forces were somewhat idiosyncratic. My particular favourite is Operation Exporter, the commonwealth invasion of Vichy French Syria. Lot's of interesting troop types for both sides & Renault R35's are the most potent armour available. And have fun painting caunter pattern camo' . Best HGA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, HGA! I'm looking forward to botching the Matilda camo by going too blue. :) Best regards, Dean

      Delete