Thursday, August 2, 2018

Perry French Chasseurs a Cheval and British Light Dragoons - Work Bench Update

No painting, just a bit of snipping and gluing together of plastic parts of Perry French Chasseurs a Cheval and British Light Dragoons. A command sprue of each are also added to complete four units of 8-figures each.
These are quite exquisitely detailed and sculpted sets, and very easy to assemble.
One unit of chasseurs are in full dress, while the other one in more campaign dress. They'll be painted up in two different regimental colors.
Both units of British light dragoons are wearing the Tarleton helmets. However, one unit is in the earlier braided dolman and the other in the 1812 Polish style jacket. They will also be representing two different regiments.

Although there are now more than enough cavalry units for the games I intend to host, I still would like a lancer unit. I may get a box of the Warlord Games Polish Lancers, but the horses aren't as nice as these Perry ones. Well, thanks for stopping by and I do need to back to the Victrix artillery sets.

20 comments:

  1. Dean! That is a lot of horseflesh to paint in one go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am formulating a plan to speed paint the horses. But I need to finish the artillery first. Thanks for stopping by and the kind interest. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. The Perry plastics are sure hard to beat Dean, I'll look forward to the completed units!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike. These are fantastic figures. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Impressive assemble of cavalry. Keen to see your method for speed painting horses.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ross. I plan to block paint and stain the horses. The riders will be a bit more laborious. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Perry plastic is the best! I wish I hadn't bought the warlord plastic chasseurs now,I guess Ill just have to pick up a box of Perry's at some point,looking forward to you rapidly painting these to your usual high standard! Out of interest what do you prime your horses and will you be painting riders and mounts separately?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain: I plan to prime the horse white and then block paint, followed by Minwax staining. The riders will be painted separately - black undercoat and painted leaving black-lining. Although I'm tempted to block paint them too and give 'em the stain. These are purely for the gaming table and not display. Thanks for the visit and interest as always. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks, Michal. Best wishes on you enjoying fatherhood too! Best, Dean

      Delete
  6. A lot of work is beckoning there, the chasseurs are a colourful set of units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robbie. Yes, I'm looking forward to dressing them up. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. Looks like you are going to be busy again Dean, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Michael! I even have a unit of Perry French Infantry to paint up - as Neuchatel. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. I always find it very calming to assemble Perry plastic kits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Miles! I rather enjoy putting plastic kits together - the Victrix British artillery had some fiddly parts (like the drag chains, etc.), but in the end it was enjoyable. Kind of like therapy. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  9. Thats a lot of cavalry to do they will look amazing no doubt when they are all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging words, Simon! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  10. You're a bolder man than I am. I'd balk at a dozen or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only doing units of 8 figures, so taking them in stride. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete