Saturday, April 26, 2014

Litko Cavalry Skirmish Trays

A few more Litko movement trays - this time for cavalry in skirmish formation. These were the three remaining such trays on sale from FRP Games. They arrived within a week from ordering; guess I've been really lucky with my orders, as others have mentioned slow delivery. Maybe it's because I'm just two states north of them.
The cavalry are a unit each of Scythian bowmen, Celt/Gallic warband and Tarantine light cavalry. The Scythians and Celt/Gauls are Old Glory, and the Tarantines are mostly Redoubt. They've all been used in games as part of a Successor army. The figures are on GW style bases. In addition to the trays individual bases for each cut out are also supplied. I intend to use some in conjunction with 50mm squares for various formations.

16 comments:

  1. Nice! Those really look sharp.

    I've been trying to figure out something similar for my Cossacks so I can play skirmish battles as well as Black Powder with them. Main problem is I'd like to have them on round bases (prob 40mm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Litko has movement trays for 40mm rounds too. I just didn't want to re-based the individual figures already on the GW style bases. Best, Dean

      Delete
  2. They look great, Dean! You're like one of those magicians with a magic hat, only instead of birds and rabbits, you pull troop after troop out of yours. Gotta get me one of those. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monty:
      Thanks again for your visit and kind words. The one caveat is the bases give a large footprint - fine for skirmish. If these weren't on sale, I would've gone for the 5 model trays. That said, I am satisfied with the trays for larger (table size) games like Hail Caesar. Best, Dean

      Delete
  3. Great looking units Dean - Litko bases and movement trays are the business!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, very nice looking cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Dean, they're really give a sense of the hoard galloping over the plain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking trays Dean I need something like that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Gentlemen. These trays solve the trouble of moving skirmishers quickly in a nice way. Although for certain rules, like WAB, they may need to come of the tray for close combat match ups - unless your opponent is okay with the as is. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Christopher. I see your AWI project growing too.

      Delete
  9. Those are convenient bases, you've done them up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, James. Looks like we'll be missing your company at another Enfilade!

      Delete
  10. Nice work on the trays Dean...like the way you staggered the horsemen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Richard! Appreciate the visit and kind words. Dean

      Delete
  11. Superb finish on the bases and they bring the units together nicely.

    ReplyDelete