Wednesday, August 21, 2024

TAG Heian/Gempei War Mounted Samurai Command

 This is the mounted samurai command pack from TAG. Painted the standard with the Taira butterfly mon.

Really didn't "need" more figures for this period, but this was a pack from TAG which I didn't have before. I like to have most, if not all, of the figures from a range that I like. This range from TAG was one of the very first 28mm figures I collected, and still like them a lot.
There are only 3 horse poses from this range, but they look nice.
What I based the crest on. Not exact, but close enough.
The o-yoroi armor with its large sode (shoulder armor) allows for painted various lacing patterns.
A painting depicting Taira cavalry - some carrying similar banners.
Still have my Imjin War game scheduled for next week. Plan to use a simplified version of Hail Caesar for the rules - which will include scaling walls with ladders. Until then, wishing you all the best and hope you're enjoying the summer weather.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michal! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Neil! Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Volodya! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words as always, Jonathan! Besty regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. My favorite posts from you, back to what you do best, excellent work sir.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, shucks, thanks for the great comment, Kevin! I agree that periods that I really enjoy brings out the best. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Excellent work on very nice figures Dean - I have some TAG in my Border Reivers collection and agree, they are really nice miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith! Yes, I had a couple of TAG ECW figures, and thought they were great too. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you very much again, Richard! Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Lovely work on the command figures. The addition is a visual treat. More reports?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superlative work Dean! Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete