Friday, February 10, 2012

Warlord Eastern Archers

These came in the mail today - not bad as I only ordered them last week through Maelstrom Games in the UK. I also got the mounted general (Maximus). They painted up really quickly with basic block painting and a Minwax Tudor stain. I did highlight the clothing a bit too. I also used a hair drying to get the Minwax to dry faster - probably should've waited overnight, but I'm gaming tomorrow and wanted these done. These guys will be Elite Archers for my early EIR army - Ballistic Skill 4!
Prior to the stain & highlighting; Maximus and his loyal hound behind the archers.

Before checking the mail after coming back from lunch, I had started on the Front Rank Chasseurs. Gave them a black undercoat and cut 50X50mm bases from some 3mm plywood I got from Jo Ann's. I'll get back to these after Maximus and his dog are done. Plan to use the Chasseurs in place of the Cuirassiers for the Enfilade! Black Powder game.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ray. Appreciate the comment. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word they came up a treat and so quickly too! Looking forward to seeing the mounted general.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished painting a unit the day they arrived. You are the savant wizard mahatma of painting miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. +1 with Baconfat. Gosh you're fast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Eastern Auxiliary archers Dean. Warlord have such a great EIR range.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dean, let me know the next time you are going to do some painting and I will bring my video camera over and I will donate some ARMY PAINTER so we can do tutorial for wargaming enthusiasts and the podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in AWE of how fast you got those done - and they look great too. I'm still painting stuff I bought years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely green on the tunics! The stain is very effective, too.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painting Dean and so fast too. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - thanks for the kind comments everyone! The clean sculpting really helps the initial block painting; then the stain really does a lot for the shading. Thanks again, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good and quick as well. I wish we lived closure together so we could get together and play some games...oh well...

    Cheers


    Eric

    ReplyDelete