Sunday, March 4, 2012

Foundry French O's Completed

Here is General Sycophant and his trusty aide Colonel Lackey. These are part of the figures my buddy asked me to paint for him in exchanged for some Foundry Russian Cuirassiers.


I gave the horses a very basic block paint job (with some highlights on the saddle cloth and holster covers).  For the general's mount (with the red saddle cloth), I just left the white undercoat as is for the stain.
Then brushed on some Minwax Tudor Satin stain. Today being somewhat warm, and using a hair dryer, I was able finished them with Testors Dullcote

I kind of rushed the French so I could start on the Russians - here they are primed black (Black Russians?):
Some nice images of Russian Cuirassiers (as well as other nations' heavy cav):

14 comments:

  1. General Sycophant and Colonel Lackey are excellently painted! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ray. Appreciate your comments as always. I hope my buddy likes them. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Dean, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn well painted, they would be a pleasure to own.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the blending of the highlights on these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great comments. I wondered if the photo made the highlights look too funky - they look a bit more subtle in-person (not magnified). Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your output is immense. And the style of your work is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressed by the recent Napoleonic post. And green of envy by the way

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's sad is your basic block painting of the horses way exceeds what I consider my "A" game in painting horses! Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are fantastic great colours, can't believe you rushed them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again, Gentlemen. You are all too kind. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your officers, And I'm now waiting for your Russians

    ReplyDelete