Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Midweek Diversion - Another 1:43rd Porsche - 904

Couldn't resist another ebay purchase - it was sold from an estate and the seller wasn't even sure what kind of car it was. No one else bid on it and it arrived from Oregon in three days - all for less than $20.00 USD including shipping. It came with the original case too. It's in 1:43rd scale which is about the closest you can get with diecast cars to go with 28mm figures. This is another favorite of mine - the famed Porsche 904 which debuted in 1963.
The mid-engined four cylinder was the first of the so-called plastic Porsches with a fiberglass composite body.
Here it is, appropriately, with a couple of Fallshirmjaeger. Something I'm sure they would've driven off-duty had it existed back in the 30's and 40's. It was famed for it's durability and performance, and looks pretty cool to boot.
And next to the earlier acquired 550 Spyder.
Apologies for the non-gaming digression, but the next post should be the Ichi-no-Tani game this weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Another nifty addition to your growing auto collection. I expect to see a 28mm Steve McQueen racing in a Le Mans game soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I indeed want to get a 917 in Gulf colors. Thanks for dropping by, Jonathan. Regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. I'm bringing over my Ford GT and 250 Ferrari.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, those are also icons - same as the Chaparral and Lola GT :)! Best, Dean

      Delete
  3. Apologies for the above but it kept saying your blog was unavailable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fran! Any apologies should be from me (or the crazy blog) - I've had the same happen to me on other folks' blogs. In any case, it's really great to have you back "in the saddle" again. It's nice to see using your same, and very familiar blogger icon too. Warmest Regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. That is a sweet looking car and a great purchase too. Ya, I can absolutely see the Fallshirmjaeger riding around in these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! They'd be tearing around the Alps and villages, I'm sure. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Getting these have been a bit cathartic, as I always liked them. Now I can be content driving my Honda Civic coupe pretending it's a Porsche. I have a good imagination. :) Best, Dean

      Delete