Friday, January 10, 2014

Newline Sea Peoples - WIP

These were graciously sent to me a couple of years ago by a TMPer who said he'd never get around to painting them. Plan to use them as a small unit in Hail Caesar some day. Here they are with the usual Minwax Tudor Satin staining.
This is how they looked with a basic block paint job prior to the staining.The well-defined sculpting, as well as the poses, really facilitates painting. They aren't bad figures, and would go well enough with Foundry.
As it may be somewhat evident, most of my current (and future?) projects are simple ones (Minwax stain over a basic paint job). Also, the figures used are ones that are already sitting around unpainted. My main goal for 2014 is to host games - Hail Caesar and Black Powder mostly - using existing figures. Thanks again for visiting, and I hope you like the posts - I certainly enjoy seeing all of your blog posts, and look forward to seeing all of your 2014 projects coming to fruition.

14 comments:

  1. Very nice job so far they are good looking figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those a lot! The Minwax stain really adds much depth to the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painted figures - reminds me I've a 15mm army of these to be painted. I'll have to review my to do list now.
    regards
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 as a small unit, that's a standard unit in these parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great comments, Gentlemen.

    Warm regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent paintjob...and i love this period!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great figs and color selection, Dean! The turquoise pulls the whole unit together very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Phil and Monty. Appreciate the visit and comments. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super figures. One day I will do a Hail Caeser bronze age army.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that blue on the headgear. Hope you realize your goals for more gaming this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all very much for your kind words.

    @ Anne - I sure hope so = as I've not played a game since last summer.

    Warm Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent Sea People Dean! Good to see more Bronze age armies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent painted figures! And I loved it that you can play with the colour schemes on these figures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete