Saturday, January 11, 2014

Crusader WotR Horse Surgery - WIP

Taking advantage of a 30% off sale on selected Crusader Miniatures from Age of Glory I ordered a blister of War of the Roses mounted knights. I needed three to replace the Perry figures that will be used on command stands for a French Hundred Years War army. Although later than the period, I like the later style plate armor. The only problem was the horses are much taller than the Perry and Old Glory figures I already have for the army. In a moment of daring, I decided to try and lower the stance of the horses by cutting sections of their legs off and replacing the space with shortened lengths of brass rod. It seems to have work, but I need to get some Green Stuff to build up the rods. The painted guy is a Perry.
I think the length of their original legs were a bit out of proportion anyway - too tall IMO.
Anyway, they should look okay as they'll be in ranked formation with mostly the upper areas of their bodies visible.

10 comments:

  1. Now that takes a brave man to try and get right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I don't think i'd of been that brave lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Now that takes a lot of work. I would have just told everyone that the shorter fig was a Welshman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appreciate the kinds words everyone. The hardest part was the first cut - after that there was no turning back.

    Warm Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courageous work, Dean. As someone once said, "the first cut is the deepest." Your surgery turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jonathan - yes, I had to refrain from quoting The Mod - I'm too old for that :) Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete