Friday, January 17, 2014

Crusader WotR Knights - Done

Finished them up today. Only a few areas actually needed painting as the buffed armor areas covered most of the figures.
They originally came with lances, but I didn't feel like painting them so added some spare hand arms to them. The swords are probably a bit short, but shouldn't be too noticeable once they are in ranks.
Pretty simple and straight forward painting - didn't want to do anything elaborate. Besides the horse flesh,  only blue and red were used; as well as a bit of gold.

Here they are - one in each of the three units of cavalry of a Late-Hundred Years War French army. All of the other figures are Old Glory models from their Hundred Years War and War of the Roses ranges. I think the are better than these Crusader models.
Looks like my Litko order is on its way; I'll be rebasing various figures for command groups. For the record, I really don't have the inclination to paint much anymore. Re-basing existing figures seems to be more to my liking right now.

25 comments:

  1. They look fine to me and you did a good job on them Dean well done sir..

    all the best,
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning mass effect, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gentlemen! Warm regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job and the ranked up shot looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent painting on the knights and impressive units Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - that's certainly a fair passle of knights you've got there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can almost feel the ground shake! Very nice indeed!

    Best wishes,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the kind words. My buddy has an English HYW army - I just didn't feel like painting up a load of Longbowmen.

    Warm Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great massed effect photo. I can almost imagine the armor glimmering in the sunlight on the approach march into battle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent final result on these figures. I've been reading the WIP's and you did a great job on the horse legs. Also the polishing of the figures is very nice. Must remember that. Thanks for sharing!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the kind words, Jonathan and Peter. The three newbies fit in well with the rest of the gang. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfully done! Knights in 28mm with banners and heraldry = a killer look. What rules you're basing to?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Monty. They've been used in WAB games before - once at a convention for a Battle of Formigney game. I kind of went over the top with the banners as they conveyed the feeling of the French knights having "Arrogant Pride" per the rules in the Armies of Chivalry WAB supplement. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Didn't these turn out well? I've been following this with interest. I imagine you're pretty pleased with the result. I know I would be if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Michael and Slawek, for your very nice comments. Warm regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your paintless armor looks great. And that's a scary group of knights.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, James. Pat is wanting to get some WAB gaming in - Medieval period as he is due to go to a tournament in Germany this Summer. Wish you were here with your Hussites! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great looking wall of knights Dean!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done Dean! I love the mass they provide.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely looking figures. I've always thought that there few things more impressive on the table than dozens of well painted medieval knights.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank for the kind comments, Gentlemen. I will post a group photo once I base the commanders and missile troops (handgunners).

    @ Matt: Love that icon!

    Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are looking good and as part of the unit mighty impressive!

    Seeing the finished product, the shortening of the legs worked out fine!

    ReplyDelete