Friday, January 24, 2014

Napoleon at Borodino - Old Wargames Foundry Set

As I'm re-basing most of my stuff, figured I'd go ahead and multi-base an old Foundry set of Napoleon and his staff that had been painted several years ago. They were on washers, and it was always a hassle moving them around - never really used them in a game either. So I figured they might as well go on a large base as a group. Napoleon himself is depicted as in a painting of him watching the Battle of Borodino.
The plywood base is about 3 1/4" in diameter, and was bought from Michael's.
Flanking Napoleon would be his Mameluke servant, Roustan, on his right, and an ADC on Bertheir's staff on his left. Marshal Berthier stands behind the Emperor with a notebook at the ready. Other marshals and staff surround them also.

The light blue uniform is worn by chief ordinance officer Gaspard Gourgaud. A Chasseur a Cheval body guard is to his rear.


A couple of Marshals conduct some map reading; to their flank a division ADC as indicated by his red armband.

17 comments:

  1. Uh so many people on Napoleons Base. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my Napoleonics at their very best, they made my mouth water!! (Bit weird I know?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still a great piece and you have done a lovely job on it Dean!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, great work Dean! This is a great way to breath new life into old work.

    I think it captures Napoleon's mood perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great comments, Gentlemen. I really like them on the one base - much tidier than on washers singly. Warm Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is truly a magnificent piece! It would look great on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the neatest command stands ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words, Gents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought the same plywood bases.

    ReplyDelete