Friday, March 15, 2013

SPR: Alamo - Bolt Action Scenario

Just a quick post to show what I'm working on - a Saving Private Ryan final battle scene using Bolt Action. This will be a game I plan to host at our annual convention, Enfilade!, in May. Actually still reviewing the rules, but they are quite easy to understand, and the recent game fellow blogger Scrivs hosted really helped. Please see Scrivs' blog for a  nice write up of that game.
Of course, I still need to add the river and bridge. The river will run along the wall on the far side of the table - i.e. the Alamo. My buddy Pat (aka Socal Warhammer) said he'd let me borrow his river and bridge, but I'd like to get these terrain pieces too as every gamer should have them. More to follow. Thanks for checking out this blog. Maranatha!

UPDATE:
Just got back from JoAnn's - picked up some cheap felt pieces to use as the river. My FLGS, The Game Matrix, didn't have a bridge I need - the search continues. I also placed masking tape with ID under the terrain so they will be placed in the appropriate areas after transporting them. Here's the table top only needing the bridge:

14 comments:

  1. It looks good so far Dean and good luck hosting the game.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. This table is looking very nice! Nice links too...Waiting for more, great work so far!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun set of rules. I look forward to your AAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing this develop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the interest and comments, Gentlemen. Just got back from JoAnn's and picked up some blue felt for the river. Still looking for a suitable bridge. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really a good table!

    It will be better with a river...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking table - what army have you built for "Bolt Action"

    I went with the Japanese which are great against infantry but really struggle with medium and above armor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great comments, Sam & Miles.

    Miles: I have US (4h Armored & 101st) and Germans (FJs and some SS & Heer). A bunch of armor for choices too; mainly Corgi and other diecast 1:48/1:50 stuff. I used to play Disposable Heroes, but I like Bolt Action better because of it's simplicity.

    Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming along nicely dude, look forward to seeing the river, no ideas for the bridge though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking set-up Dean! It was nice running into you at the Game Matrix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful terrain and scenary - puts my green felt mat to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ken:

    Thanks - appreciate the kind words, but the mat must look better in the photo. It's just an old tan felt mat (from Joann's) that was lightly oversprayed with OD green. The mat fiber itself is getting a bit unruly. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this looks very good. May is going to be a great month for you with a Con game.

    Looking forward to the AAR!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Appreciate your thought, Monty. I really like these rules as they are simple, yet have enough variables to make it fun and interesting. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete