Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Foundry SYW British Grenadiers - WIP

Not much to look at right now, but wanted to post a painting update. Slowly adding some color to these guys - so far only the flesh and the facing colors. They are going to be Louisbourg Grenadiers with a unit each of the 22nd, 40th and 45th Foot. Probably hard to make out in the photo below, but I tried to give different tones for the two buff colored facings of the 22nd and 40th foot guys. I also see that in my production line painting method, I forgot that the musician should be in reverse colors.
Here are the caps for the different units.
22nd Foot
40th Foot
45th Foot
Next will be the white lacing and then the red coats.  The painting method I'm using is the same as I've used for Napoleonics - black undercoat, leaving certain areas alone to simulate black-lining. Also, plan to use Minwax to bring out the fine details like the those on the caps and lacing.

12 comments:

  1. Looking good so far and how different people start their figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good start these are going to look ace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice start with those grenadiers!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing these finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support, Gents. I appreciate the encouragment as this is my first venture into Lace Wars. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good start ! Look forward to seeing these finished .
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's one formidable army, Dean :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start and I'm quite jealous that you get to use a coffee mug for reference material. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Dez and Monty.

    Monty - the cup is something I've had since my mom bought it for me on a trip to the eastcoast USA back in 1975 - the year prior to the Bicentennial. It actually has AWI/American Revolution uniforms. It is a cool cup, in any case though. I just wish I had the set of colored postcards of AWI soldiers that was also from that trip. Maybe it might turn up on day at my mom's place - she's never thrown my stuff away. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good start Dean. They'll be a fine unit once completed. I look forward to their further progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot for the encouraging words, Scott.

    BTW, I'm not surprised at how some folks like this period (as well as AWI). Although not on par with Napoleonic battles, there are many intriguing scenarios (ambushes, sieges, etc.). Yes, I'm happy I stumbled into the period.

    Best to all, Dean

    ReplyDelete