Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Perry Dragoons - WIP

Here are some Perry Dragoons that I'm working on for a local gaming buddy. He wants them in Spanish brown cloth. I'm thinking the trumpeter should be in reverse facing colors and maybe the officer - in bearskin - should be in green. I'll ask him if this is okay.
In addition to these six mounted figures, I'll also paint up some of the foot figures too. He only asked for the mounted, but I told him I don't mind painting the foot guys too.

On the gaming front, I will meet a few new to the area gamers this Sunday at The Game Matrix for to get in some WH The Great War. Pat moved up from Southern Cal; and Tom from Connecticut, I think. The following Saturday is a game day at Fort Steilacoom for the second annual Fix Bayonets! I will host a Sharp Practice game in the afternoon.

9 comments:

  1. Can't see why the trumpeter shouldn't be in a reversed coat, looking forward to seeing them finished. I've painted up loads of Napoleonic units, its always nice painting an unusual colour for a uniform, away from the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the show goes well and always good to meet new gamers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would paint the trumpeter in reverse colours too. Looking forward to photos of the finished unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Gents. I just got the "green light" to give the officer a green coat and the trumpeter reversed colors. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a good friend to have to paint mini's for him and good luck at the show!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christopher:

    Thanks for the sentiments; he's such a strong supporter and leader for the local gaming community, I took it as an honor to do it - like a small token of appreciation for all he has, and continues to do for the local gamers. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck at the show. Good to see the finished Dragoons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the Show Dean an I look forward in seeing these fine miniatures.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that looks incredibly promising.
    Good luck with the show.

    ReplyDelete