Saturday, August 7, 2010
Perry French 9th Hussars - Completed
Managed to complete these guys today. They're painted up as the 9th Hussars; a personal favorite, along with the 3rd Hussars.
These are the fiddly parts. They actually aren't difficult to attach to the figures. I used super glue and they seem to be very sturdy. The carbines have a little hole on the opposite side that the sling swivel fits into. I also glued the muzzle end to either the rider's leg or sheepskin shabraque. The sabretaches are finished with print outs that were kindly shared by fellow-TMPer, Aldo (TMP handle: Paleoveneto). The officer, bugler and elites will get the full-dress ones, and the remainder for the line trooper. Addendum: I now realize the officer's sword & sabretache belts should be scarlet, edged gold - as his crossbelt. I guess that's what happens when I production-line the painting. This grave error shall be corrected.
Here they are ready for gaming next Saturday. Now I can develop the scenario for the game - basically the French doing a fighting retreat out of Spain.
In retrospect, these aren't that bad to paint; and with the sabretache designs for all the French regiments, it is tempting to do up another unit - possibly the 3rd. However, I do want to do up a British RHA unit, and also a British hussar unit too.