Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Perry Wars of the Roses Infantry AND Foot Knights - WIP

Just a quick post to show you all that I haven't given up on this project - the first one in some years. Started block painting the the infantry, and also glued together the foot knights. Swapped some of the arms and heads from the two sets. I ended up painting the foot in very uniform colors - probably way more than historically accurate, but I wanted them easily identifiable as belonging to the same units, as well as simplifying the color scheme. Also ordered some livery decals from both Dom's Decals and Citadel - only realizing after placing the orders that a lot of the infantry have padded jacks or brigandines which don't need badges - oh well, they were fairly inexpensive.
The Foot Knight set has some great figures and poses, however, some of the helmeted heads appear a bit on the smaller side. The helmeted heads for the command figures in the Infantry box are actually nicer - and I used them on the knights. Oh, there is also a very nice Richard III figure with crowned sallet that will be painted separately at a later date. Hope to get the infantry done this weekend - managed to pick up a can of Minwax Tudor Satin which has worked wonders in the past. Best to you all!

23 comments:

  1. Oh, will be great!
    I keep my fingers crossed for this project:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words, Michael!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Appreciate the encouragement, Simon. It's been a while so still feeling around the process. Best, Dean

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Rodger. I'm hoping the Minwax staining will bring out the details! :) Regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you jumping back in! These will look fantastic, I've no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Greg. I have a lot of work ahead! Best, Dean

      Delete
  6. Dean! Very good to see you have thrust yourself back into the fray and by no small measure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Jonathan. Now that I've relooked my older WotR figures (since sold), I plan to go over some of the figures with the color scheme I had earlier done! :) Lol! Regafds, Dean

      Delete
  7. Great to see you back at the brushes! Best, Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly, Simon! I'm trying to get back into the brushing groove :) Regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Lovely to see so much potential...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words, Steven!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a really good start!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. I thought I had everything planned out, but ended up re-painting most of them as I wasn't happy with the color scheme. Lol! Best< Dean

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Grego! I'm starting to remember how to mix colors again! :) Warm Regards, Dean

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul. Yes, the Perry figs are the finest IMO.

      Delete