Friday, June 23, 2017

Easing Back Into the Hobby - New Stuff and Rebasing Old Stuff

Still waiting on the 5 boxes of Perry plastic Wars of the Roses figures ordered about a week ago. In the meantime a Vallejo Game Color "Intro Set" as well as an actual paint rank (again a Vallejo product) arrived ahead of them.
The new Vallejo paints and rack behind the re-based 13th & 14th C. cavalry. To the side Litko bases. I'm back!
Also ordered some movement trays and more bases from Litko. I committed to participating in a Lion Rampant game day in September, and plan to use my as yet untried English Hundred Years War retinue. As I hate moving single figures - even in skirmish games - the 3-figure movement trays should be perfect. In fact to have them match the trays, I rebased the figures onto the stands that came with the trays. I also switched their former GW-style bases with some other figures - 13th C. knights used as Early-Holy Roman Empire troops. Re-basing figures is a sure sign that I've relapsed into the hobby. Hopefully the next post will be with the Perry plastics. Until then, best wishes to you all!

23 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL! Thanks, David. I need to make a sortie up North to where you and the Lost Tribe game! :) Have figures, will travel! :) Regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Ho, ho! Loooking really awesome Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dean, I'm re-basing as well; Macedonian Hypaspists who have been lurking unloved for some time now. Nice little project as its too hot for painting here in Blighty (85F plus). Regards HGA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, HGA. I'm gradually getting all of my figures onto multi-fig bases or with skirmish type movement trays. Ken Litko is getting a lot of my business in this endeavor! Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Hi Dean, I am not a fan of re basing either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I know, Rodger. I'm actually getting really good at this though! I removed 24 mounted figs in under an hour and had them rebased within the next. Best, Dean

      Delete
  5. Huzzah! The man is back and firing! Can't wait to see what you do with the Perry WotR stuff mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael! Check out the next blog post! Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Looking great so far and re-basing is something we all have to live with in this hobby. None of us like it though.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ross. It's living up to the old saying..."If I knew then what I know now." Lol! Best, Dean

      Delete
  7. Looks good, Dean.

    And, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Grego! I will soon be starting on the Perry WotR plastics...once I finish up the basing on these Lol! Regards, dean

      Delete
  8. Lovely to see your fabulous skills on show again Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words, Michael!

      Delete
  9. Splendid stuff! War gaming is a bit like smoking cigarettes, all it takes is one to pull you back in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Love the analogy, Steven! Best, Dean

      Delete
  10. They look great on there new bases. The Game in September is a great idea to keep you motivated as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Simon! Yes, that'll keep me on tract for the big convention in May. Regards, Dean

      Delete
  11. Oh dear the dreaded re-basing, but sometimes it just has to be done.:-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete