Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Perry Choson Korean Archers - WIP

These have been block painted and awaiting staining. A can of Minwax Tudor Satin stain is supposed to be arriving next week from Amazon from an order placed a couple of weeks ago. All the local Ace Hardware stores are still out of this particular stain.

These Korean archers are part of a larger order recently made from Perry, along with armored Korean infantry and foot samurai. The figures are part of a revisit to my Imjin War/Sengoku Era project. Incidentally, I sold off my entire ECW collection, save for the Rupert and Boye command stand, to a good buddy. He plans to use them for a TYW project. I think the revisit to the Imjin War/Sengoku Era project was a way to soften the loss. For some reason, every time I come back from visiting family and friends in Hawaii, I feel the need to downsize my collection - possibly due to a long-range hope of returning someday. Anyway, adding these few Perry metal figs won't be a problem as I do plan on keeping them wherever I end up in the future. Thanks for stopping by and hope you don't mind my ramblings. Best wishes to you all. Oh, and I'm scheduled to host my RJW game this weekend at a game day - plan to post a report upon my return.

12 comments:

  1. Interesting range the Perry Koreans Dean, look forward to seeing them finished! I find the AP acrylic Soft Tone wash does the same thing as the stain you use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and info, Mike. Much appreciated. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking shooters!
    Waiting for next painting steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michal! I actually ordered a few more of them. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Very nice figures Dean - hope your wax stain turns up soon.
    If visiting Hawaii results in you getting rid of perfectly good figures, I think you should consider NOT VISITING! Just kidding of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks for the kind words as always, Keith. Yes, seems I should have a "time-out" period when returning from visits back home. At least when it comes to the hobby. Anyway, although I gave my buddy a great deal (pretty much a dollar a figure) for the ECW figs, at least he's one of my closest gaming buddies and we play together frequently. I'm happy he's the one who has the collection now. Well, focusing on the Imjin War/Sengoku stuff is great too! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Good looking progress, sad news about your ECW figures though!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain! Yes, it was a melancholy sale, but the collection is with my closest gaming buddy, so that eases the loss a lot. He'll put them to good use as he's always wanted to do TYW. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. I'm sure they look look even better after a dip in your magic dip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Ray! Yes, definitely need the dip to enhance the block painting. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. While always sad to hear one is cutting back, it is understandable I'm anticipation of a move. The archers have a good look on them, hopefully your Tudor stain arrives soon and you can show your lovely fellows completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Joe! Yes, the ECW collection was very large - or is still, and in good hands with a close gaming friend. I kept think of the pikes being such a pain for transporting. Hope to get the stain in next week, for a lot of production line figures waiting in the wings for it. Best regards, Dean

      Delete