Saturday, May 21, 2022

Wargames Atlantic French Infantry - 1916-1940 - WIP

Well, I just couldn't stay away. Actually, a box of long-awaited Wargames Atlantic French Infantry finally arrived the other day. I had ordered them last September, but to get the free "over $50 shipping" I had added a box of yet to be released Italian Infantry. As it happened as soon as one set was available, the other went out of stock. This happened several times to the point they were kind enough to send me the Italian box ahead of the French one - and sent both when available with the free shipping.

As with the previous WW1 German and WW2 Italian Infantry sets, these figures are really nice and allow for multiple poses and weapon combinations. This set has seven unique body poses of five each (including one for the officers) and various arm/weapons choices. The set also includes separate sprues with Senegalese heads and WW2 weapon/arm combinations. I chose to do all as WW1 Poilus and base coated them with a can of Army Painter Wolf Grey primer (which was used for the big McFarlane Space Wolf figure a while ago). 

Just a quick update to let you all see that I'm back to painting figures again. Next weekend (Memorial Day Weekend) will be our annual big convention, Enfilade. I have four games to run starting on Friday afternoon and until Sunday. Hope to post some pictures of the convention - should be more games and attendees than the ad hoc one we had last September due to the restrictions. Until next time, best wishes to you all!

8 comments:

  1. That spray colour lots spot on Dean, I look forward to seeing them finished.
    Regards,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Paul. Yes, I was thinking it should work out well. I've seen a lot of images of the Horizon Blue being a lot brighter - like baby blue, but I think historically, it was a bit darker and greyish. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. I totally agree on the colour too Dean. Often, French troops are presented wearing the shade of blue normally reserved for male children under the age of two! These can look good, but always seem a bit light and bright for a twentieth century military uniform! I think the colour you have chosen is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith! Yes, the "baby/sky blue" ones are a bit too bright - although pretty to look at. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Nice to see your back at the figures Dean! I was on a bit of a hiatus as well.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and sentiment, Christopher. Seems this hobby is hard to stay away from for too long. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Oh, I can't comment on the newest post, so try in this place.
    Awesome work on that unit Dean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Sorry to hear that, Michal. Not sure what the problem is, but I noticed Blogger has changed the comments section a bit recently. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete