Sunday, August 13, 2017

Earl of Oxford's Yeomen

Ordered another box each of Perry WotR Infantry and Foot Knights. Here are most the infantry painted up as yeomen for a retinue belonging to the Earl of Oxford. Granted their livery coats should have a blue star (or boar), but I was too lazy to paint the badges. In fact, I have a pack of Citadel Six blue star "decals", but they are too fiddly for me.
The color of the livery coats is termed by some as "Tawny Orange." This is a kind of dull orange which I made by mixing Vallejo Game Color Orange Fire (72.008) and Bronze Fleshtone (72.036) - mostly because these were the closest colors in the starter pack I have. The color seems pretty close to what I would think "Tawny Orange" should be.
These are 36 of the 40 figures - broken down into three mixed units of bows and spears for Lion Rampant. The four other figures are the fully-armored guys who'll be used in Foot Men at Arms units along with the figures from the Foot Knights set.
In retrospect, I now wish I ordered the Army deal of 5 boxes of WotR Infantry - seeing how I painted up 4 boxes. Next time I start a project I think I'll go big - at least if there are "Army" deals like the Perry's offer.
The Foot Knights are pretty much done too, but the guys wearing the jupons/tabards need some thought. Hopefully have them done soon too. Best regards to you all!

24 comments:

  1. Dean! You sure can crank out the figures! Your brushwork on the Perry WotR infantry is superb. En masse, they sure look good.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Jonathan! The great sculpting by the Perrys make them a joy to paint. Warmestregards, Dean

      Delete
  2. WoooooW! Fantastic work on these Perry's!
    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words again, Michal! Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Incredible! I hate you (just kidding). If only I didn't have ADD and could sit still for as long as you to knock out whole armies like you. I went and pulled my game off the shelf called Blood & Roses by GMT. Ya got me thinking this period now, but I am staying strong and will resist until I finish my Sammy's:)

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks so much, Kevin. I think I'll someday get that GMT game too. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Great units Dean! I thought the Earl of Oxford troops had red coats with a white and blue star?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Mike. I thought their livery was red too, but reading up on it, some sources say it was a tawny orange with the white and blue star. Regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Very nice indeed. The skulls on the ground just add to the ambience...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Lol! Yes, I sometimes use the one square GW board I have for photo ops. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, PC! Appreciate you stopping by. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. Very nice looking units Dean. The colour scheme is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. At first I thought orange would look out o place, but toned down it appears alright. Best regards, but

      Delete
  8. This is a sensational turnaround Dean - wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael! I must confess Minwax played a big part. :) Warmest regards, and

      Delete
  9. Great colors and very nice job Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, rapid work, you'll need to start another period soon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. I was considering Victrix Hoplites, but the poses seem a bit static. I was thinking of some for skirmish type scenarios, not blocks of phalanxes. Regards, Dean

      Delete
  11. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete