Sunday, September 19, 2021

McFarlane Sister of Battle - Order of Our Martyred Lady

Here's another articulated McFarlane "action" figure; this time an Adepta Sororitas Sister of Battle. I added details over the basic pre-paint job.

Not very up on Sisters of Battle, but I think this one is belongs to the Order of Our Martyred Lady - which I ran twenty reds light in her honor. 
The figure comes apart for painting, but a little different than the Space Marine figures - which is no surprise as they aren't in power armor.
Added a 3D resin head I picked up from a separately ebay vendor.
Next to a 28mm Chaplain and the previously painted McFarlane Salamander.
Another size comparison with the two McFarlane figures. For the record, I pre-ordered their soon to be released Reiver Space Marine figures wearing Phobos armor. Yeah, I know I'm kind of making technical references way above my pay grade.

Anyway, just a quick update to blog to keep it moving along. Appreciate your stopping by and wishing you all the best in health and hobby pursuits!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Michal! I like how it turned out. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Another superb figure but not sure where this is leading you Dean ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much, Matt. Yes, indeed, what is this all about anyway? Lol! Just enjoy painting larger scaled figures sometimes, I guess. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Awesome sister Dean ! You did a fantastic job on her !
    Best one yet !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mario. I took awhile to start on her as I hadn't any previous info on these. Once I started it was pretty easy following the nicely sculpted details. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Those look so great. Was very tempted by the Ultra Marines on offer recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Andy. There are Reivers on Amazon for pre-order for $19. Release date in December. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dmitry. Just a little touch up and it really makes the figure pop. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Great looking Sister of Battle ! Looks awesome!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Iain. Interesting how I'm only learning the 40K "lore" now after painting up these large scale figs. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. Really cool Dean - of course, adding a pretty female head was always going to get my vote! I do agree with Matt though - this seems even more "off piste" than my latest figure meanderings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks so much, Keith. For the record, I just placed a pre-order for a box each of Wargames Atlantic WW1/2 French and WW2 Italians. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Great job! Now do another 60 and search yourself a soccer pitch to play on! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I hear that! In fact, they're releasing Orks too :) Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  9. Awesome paint job Dean! Five star!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the kind words, Mike! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  10. That is sweet, and the added 3D head makes it even better!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kevin. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete