Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Victrix KGL and Bremen Light Infantry Skirmishers

These are skirmishers for the La Haye Sainte project. Probably the last skirmishers for the Anglo-allied side. Along with the earlier completed Warlord KGL Lights, and Perry 95th Rifles, these will be more than enough skirmish troops.
The Bremen guys in blue trouser and black leather equipment have metal Light Infantry heads. The heads seem a bit smaller in proportion to the bodies. If I were to build more Lights with stovepipe shakos, I'll probably use the plastic ones and modify them by scalpeling off the brass plates and painting on the hunting horn emblem.
I have to say, British elite wings are harder to paint than French epaulettes - the latter only needed drybrushing.
British cuffs with their lacing and buttons are about equally hard to paint as French cuffs - particularly the squared ones with piping around the cuff flaps.
Black straps on black backpacks also present a bit of a challenge. I found it easiest to just give the areas a light drybrush of highlighting.

Well, so much for now. I actually painted these today while "teleworking" from home - 10 hour shift. I have to go in to the office tomorrow though. We normally have about 70 folks in building, but it appears besides me, only about five other folks are supposed to be in. This all due to the clear and present danger we're all living through. In fact, our State Governor issued the "Code Red" yesterday; ordering folks to "stay home" except those who have certain jobs requiring them to go to work. I don't think I need to, but our agency Director said the program I work in, payees for disabled veterans, needed to go in every other day. I mean I can do my job from home and we closed the office to the public. Wishing you all good health and happy hobby endeavors.

38 comments:

  1. Dean those are lovely. Michigan on lock down as well. Blessings on everyone to get through this.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on, Kevin. Stay healthy in your parts, brother, Dean

      Delete
  2. Fantastic skirmishers Dean! Yep were in lockdown down under too...all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mike. Warmest regards and God be with you all, Dean

      Delete
  3. Dean, your painting style really makes these figures pop! Nice work.
    On the plague front, Washington seems to be seeing a slowing in the rate of increase in new cases. Hope that continues.
    Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Jonathan. Wishing you all the best, Dean

      Delete
  4. Lovely figures and excellent lighting for the photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norm! My "new" Galaxy 10 has a great camera - about the only thing I use it for; that and surfing the internet. Hardly ever use it as a phone. :) Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Lovely poses and great painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil. One of the plusses with multi-part plastics is the ability to change up poses. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Fabulous Dean, great brushwork on those.

    We have been in lockdown in france for 11 days, feels like Sunday everyday except you cannot leave the house without a piece of paper.


    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt. Wow - pretty serious needing "hall passes" to get out. Best wishes to you and yours, Dean

      Delete
  7. Brilliant work Dean. Love the blue trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ray. Yes, the main reason I wanted to paint some up. Wanted to see the contrast of the blue trousers and redcoats. Pretty eye-catching. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Really outstanding work on these figures once again Dean. Lockdown in New Zealand too, but as I am apparently an essential worker...I work for a courier company...I am still going into work. I even have a letter to prove I am said essential worker, should I be stopped by the police...interesting times indeed...stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ross. Yes, I could do my work from home (now that they gave me a work computer), but we still need to come in a couple times a week for mail - now if everything was electronic... Kind regards and stay healthy! Dean

      Delete
  9. Nicely animated figures and excellent painting. Have to agree with Ray that those blue trousers look fab.

    No full lockdown here in Malta but with the airport and all non-essential outlets closed it's all deserted. Btw, loved your 'painting while teleworking' comment, haha !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. some guys have all of the luck!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Mike. Oh, yeah, you're in Malta. That would be like Hawaii (sort of) - I would think limited entry to your country would be best. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  10. Very nice looking troops, Dean.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Dmitry! Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  11. I like the mixing of the poses across the line. Looks nice and dynamic for something that is normally sterile looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PC. I know you work a lot in plastic, multi-poses too. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  12. Nice work Dean, I have been struggling with those british shoulder pads on my AWI figures, my hands a bit wobbly but they look ok from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt. If I ever do wings again, I think I may give the area a dark red/brown basecoat; then add lighter red stripes inside of the white lacing; and finally add the white lacing stripes. I add the white first in this case, and then carefully tried to add the red stripes inside of them - harder, IMO. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  13. Dean, your skirmishers are very beautiful! Very dynamic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Dmitry. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous skirmishers, Dean! My congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Sergey! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  15. Lovely work Dean.
    Stay safe and work from home.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Scrivs. Stay safe as well. Dean

      Delete
  16. They look great, Dean. I just did the best I could on the damned wings when I was painting my own British troops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Peter. Yes, those wings are a pain to paint. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  17. Splendid looking lights! I'm just going to paint French and Austrians, my nephew is going to do the Brits, rather him than me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iain. Oh, you have kinfolk who are into the hobby - Napoleonics, no less. Wonderful! Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  18. Nice painting and great highlighting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete