Friday, January 10, 2020

Just a Quick 2020 Update

Haven't done much hobby stuff recently - partly due to me pinching a nerve and not being able to sit for extended periods; as well as just getting over a 2 week bout of the common cold. That all said (and done), I'm slowly get back into the groove.

Finally finished putting together the Academy "Da Vinci Armoured Car" kit I got off of ebay over a year ago. It's actually a snap together kit with minimal parts, and took only about 20 minutes to finish. It's a wind up "toy" that can roll along the table top. Here it is below next to an old GW Empire Master Engineer.
Those are supposed to be cannon sticking out around the car - I drilled out the ends of the barrels. It's probably a bit small for 28mm, but could be used nonetheless. Possibly as some war engine in Dragon Rampant. Still need to decide to paint it or not.

Here's what it looked like during the build. The top of canopy is what is used to twist the gearing for propulsion.
I also picked up a copy of the Tank War Bolt Action supplement. I had intended to use it for a game I"m hosting next week. However, besides a few bits of special rules and crew experience upgrades, I probably could've just used the main rule book. The scenarios aren't really detailed and don't include illustrations of table set up for them either.
Lastly, I also picked up a Verlinden 120mm resin figure - "English Knight 14th Century." It actually looks exactly like the illustration of the Duke of Lancaster in the Osprey Crecy and Poitiers book. I haven't painted large scale figures in a while, but couldn't pass it up as it was going for only about $20.00 on ebay.
Well, so much for now. I hope to post details of next week's Bolt Action game - however, there's snow in the forecast, so might have to cancel it for the sake of folks having to drive here. In any case, hope you all are have a great start in the new year - the "Roaring '20's"!

16 comments:

  1. Da Vinci’s armored car is cool! I was watching a show da Vinci last night and this vehicle was shown in operation. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and wishing you a great 2020! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Da Vinci Armoured Car. What great model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Da Vinci Armoured Car, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Phil. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. The da Vinci armoured car looks the biz, and liking the Verlinden piece also.

    All the best for your 2020 projects and plans

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Da Vinci's tank looks great!I wasn't overly enamored of Tank War either, the resin knight looks like fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. I'll likely put it up for sale at our local con in May. Best regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. That Da Vinci armoured car looks very cool!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Christopher. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted to snag one of those models to use as an Empire Steam Tank with my old WFB collection. I am interested to see how it works for you in Dragon Rampant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the interest, Jake. As for Dragon Rampant, I'd give it good missile capabilities. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Sergey. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete