Friday, July 7, 2017

Perry WotR Foot Knights - WIP +1

The box of Perry "Foot Knights 1450-1500" as well as the 12 fully-armored WotR Infantry guys are painted; just need to add livery badge decals to the guys wearing jupons or tabards.
Edit: I just noticed I still need to paint the feather plumes on several of the figures. :)
These were, dare I say, a joy to paint. I find fully armored figures easiest to paint - I first discovered this when I painted up a Norman army (for WAB) with most of the guys in chainmail. Just black undercoat and dry-brushed silver and very little exposed skin and clothing.
Besides the 3-step armor painting process (described in the previous post) and the jupons/tabards, the only parts painted were the few exposed faces, wooden staffs of weapons, leather boots and straps, and the hilts and pommels of the swords. The faces, wood and leather parts were given a wash of Vallejo Flesh Wash mixed with some Sepia.

With the completion of these figures, the core units for this project are done. Next up are the six Yorkists Foot Command figures which were included free with the Yorkists Battle (3 boxes of Infantry). They'll be an additional unit of Foot Men at Arms - per Lion Rampant. Thank you for visiting and checking out the blog!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic army! Cant wait for next posts:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for your kind words, Michal. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. They look great! I look forward to seeing them based and in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steven. I too am looking forward to basing them, and getting them om the table. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Fabulous job Dean. Once base and ranked up they will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simon! The Citadel decals arrived today. Best, Dean

      Delete
  4. Great looking MAA, you've knocked these out in no time, I'll have to try priming in silver!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. For mostly plate-armored figures, the spraying really speeds up the process. I discovered this on another blog some years ago when it was used on a bunch of EIR lorica segmentata figs. Best, Dean

      Delete