Saturday, May 28, 2011

Enfilade! 2011

Two days down, one more to go. Tomorrow my buddy Adrian & I will be hosting our Battle of Magnesia game using WAB 2.0 rules. Friday I hosted a reprise of the Ichi no Tani samurai skirmish game that I ran last summer at Fix Bayonets! The rules are modified WAB rules that are really simple and fast playing - which all the players so far said they enjoyed.
I've run this game three times so far, and every time the outcome has been totally different. This time the Minamoto attackers along the shoreline chose to disregard the Taira camp entirely and focus on burning their boats. This they accomplished, but later lost both their heroes (Yoshitsune & Benkei), as wells as both of their standards. The Taira won the battle, but couldn't escape out to sea - but I guess that became a moot point.
Friday evening I got to play in Mike Garcia's super cool Ice Age Hunting game. I managed to bag a load of edible beasts, at the cost of losing most of my hunting party.
Saturday morning had me participating in a huge Roman versus Ancient Germans in the Teutoberg Forest. This impressive game was hosted by the White Rock Gamers from Vancouver, B.C. The rules were a modified (simplified) version of ARMATI 2nd ed. First time I had ever played these Ancients rules. At the end of the game, all of the gamers were presented a large color poster of the game flyer - class act those White Rockers!
Saturday afternoon, I got into one of Eric Hotz' always enjoyable Roman Seas games. I now feel like I erred in selling off the fleets I had built last year. Although I did pick up a packet of Valiant 1/900th scale pentekontors.
I scored some pretty good stuff from the Bring & Buy tables - one goodie is an OG Napoleonic Limber set which I got for $10.00. I also sold off some stuff that was only collecting dust.

There have been a lot of great looking games going on so far. I only managed to take a few photos being engaged in games the whole time though. Here are just a few of them - hopefully captioned correctly.



5 comments:

  1. looks like a great time - the Roman Seas paper models look very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great event! Really like the looks of your Samurai skirmish game.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rundown of the games you were involved in. I certainly enjoyed Ichi no Tani at Fix Bayonets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all, Gentlemen, for the kind words.

    Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete