Friday, September 10, 2010

Battle of Ichi no Tani - Playtest

Finally got a playtest in using some home-brew fast-play rules. My buddy Adrian & I refined the rules a bit, but agree it should be a great set for this scenario next week at a one-day gaming event at historic Fort Steilacoom. Our gaming buddy is a board member of the historical society there and this is the first year he's hosting a game-day.

Anyway, here are some photos from the playtest; please forgive the unpainted/primed Chugen bowmen who just arrived yesterday in the mail. I'm working on them right now.
The game went really smoothly, and we think the tweaks we came up with will make it even better. One of the tweaks is adding another wound save to the heroes/characters - only two per side anyway. I will post a copy of the rules (one-page) as soon as I revise them.

5 comments:

  1. That is going to be a great looking game, I look forward to more pictures and the official write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures and I love your hobby-kit conversion ships!

    Cool looking scenario too!

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments, Gent!

    Ted:

    I hope you can make it to "Fix Bayonets!" next Saturday.

    Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is impressive, Dean. I hope I can see it in person on the 18th.

    ReplyDelete