Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Warlord Games ECW Pike & Shotte Regiments

Finished three more foot units - King's Lifeguard, Sir Hopton's, and another Scots unit.

All of the pikes in the Scots and Lifeguard units are at the ready; and all of the pikes in Hopton's are upright.
Most of the Lifeguard pikemen are wearing armor - whether or not this is historically correct, I cannot say, but wanted them to look the part.
The kneeling Lifeguard pikemen are from the Swedish infantry set. Actually, the box only comes with two such figures, but I had a box, and my buddy gave me his two figures he wasn't going to use.
Musketeers in line - they're based 6 figures per 60x40mm rectangles. I prefer this basing over the 2 per 40mm squares, especially when blocked on the flanks of the pikes.
Simple patterns on the tartan cloaks of the Perry metal figures.
There are now 12 pike and shotte units - 6 each Royalist and Parliamentarian. First row, left to right: Rupert (R), King's Lifeguard (R), Newcastle (R); second row, left to right: Tyldesley (R), Talbot (R), Hopton (R); third row, left to right: Fairfax (P); Manchester (P); Essex (P); fourth row, left to right: Scots; Brooke (P); Scots. With the standards being single based, they can be swapped out with different flags if needed. Although I think the orange/tawny coats worn by Essex's men might be unique.

May add one more unit of Scots since I have left over metal figures for building one. Anyway, glad to have finished these last foot units up, and it's time to get to the Scots Lancers and Ordinance set. Thanks for checking out the blog, and wishing you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment