Wednesday, July 22, 2026

2 More Warlord Games ECW Pike & Shotte Regiments

 Finished the Marquis of Newcastle's Whitecoats and the Earl of Manchester's Greencoats.


I made magnetic movement trays for the pikemen and command which are based on metal washers. This helps with the arrangement of the guys with the levelled pikes.
Unlike my earlier shotte units which were based 4 figures per 40mm square, I opted for 6 figures on 60x40mm rectangles. I like the "squarer" look when they are on the flanks of the pikes, and form a better looking hedgehog with the pikes as well.
The pike and command figures. The standard bearers can be swapped out for different units.
I now have 4 foot regiments, and plan to have a total of 8 once done. This will be half of the number I had earlier, but should still be enough for decent Pike & Shotte games, especially with cavalry regiments and artillery. I also made magnetic movement trays for the single based shotte earlier painted.
Thanks again for stopping by and checking out the blog. Wishing you all the best.

22 comments:

  1. Very high-quality painting and beautiful bases! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Alexey! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Impressive Dean, always amazed out how quickly you paint your units!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! I do tend to get focused on completing projects once started. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Yes, have to agree with both the previous comments - they look great Dean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much as always, Keith! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Impressive work Dean, not sure I would have such dedication repainting such a large army. ECW a in 28mm is a real spectacle 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt! Yes, although I somewhat regret selling off my earlier collection, it was to a good buddy who has a great passion for TYW. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  5. Verny impressive looking units Dean. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Michael! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Another two superb looking units, nice work Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray! Appreciate the visits and kind comments as always. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you very much as always, Michal! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Wonderful stuff! I am currently reorganising my collection for Edgehill and most of my infantry will be base on 60 by 40 for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I love your banner icon on your blog, too!

      Delete
  9. Fabulous Pike and Shot units, Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Richard! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  10. Splendid pike and shot units!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Iain! I do like these figures from Warlord Games a lot. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  11. Exquisite painting Dean. Lovely looking units.
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the high compliment, James! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete