Working on an additional 3 foot regiments. The one on the left will be Hopton's in blue coats, the center one the King's Lifeguards, and the one on the right another Scots regiment. Awaiting the arrival of Perry metal Scots pikemen to complete that unit. Plan to paint the Scots with redcoats belonging to Earl of Crawford-Lindsay's Regiment of Foot. I also took the liberty of giving the Lifeguards a much more uniform and well-equipped appearance than they historically might have had. All of the musketeers are in Montero caps, and most of the pikemen are in armor. I used the kneeling pikemen from Swedish foot sets. The metal commands came from the Swedish and Scots sets.
Once these new units are completed, there will be a total of 12 regiments of foot - which should be enough for a decent game.
Looking great, Dean!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much, Ray! Warmest regards, Dean
DeleteAs always, you are powering through the new ECW units Dean - I missed commenting on recent posts, but the three new units look great!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot, Keith. No worries about missing posts, I'm in the same boat. Been sort of busy with other stuff going on. Warmest regards, Dean
DeleteWoooa! You're a painting machine :) waiting for a next steps.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Michal! I should be slapping paint on tomorrow - after I take my son to the airport in the morning. Warmest regards, Dean
DeleteAmazing work speed! We’ll also need dragoon units☝️
ReplyDeleteThanks, Alexey. Yes, dragoons are indeed on the "need to get" list! Warmest regards, Dean
DeleteGreat start on these units. That is a lot of figures complete in a relatively short time. Looking forward to seeing these take their place on the gaming table.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much! I have a fairly simple painting process - table top standard - I may give the commands a little more TLC, though :) Warmest regards, Dean
Delete