Thursday, October 1, 2026

Warlord Games Pike & Shotte Ordnance Battery WIP

Finally started on this set. Stained the crewmen with the can of Quickshade Dark Tone a buddy gave me a couple of weeks ago. I figured the earthy colors of most of the crewmen would match the tone - and I think it does.

Here's how they looked prior to the staining.
Here are the bases and cannon and mortar. The red cannon was gifted back to me from my buddy, along with the foot and horse units. The bases will be given a coat of Krylon flat, and static grass and tufts will also be added.
Very happy with how the Quickshade turned out. Will be using it more in the future. Thanks for checking out the blog. Hope you all are doing well.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent coloring and magnificent figurines. Some of these figurines are in my collection, but unfortunately not all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind words again, Alexey. Much appreciated. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Looking really great Dean! Can't wait to see finished ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Michal. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. Do you prefer Quickshade over Minwax Tudor? Which Minwax shade would you substitute to match Quickshade Dark Tone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Minwax Tudor gives a darker (blacker) definition in creases and cuts, which I prefer on most figures. The Quikshade Dark Tone is still pretty good, though. I plan to use the Dark Tone on future projects to be sure. Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Great work, the battery bases are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Joe. Yes, I've always wanted these bases. Should be able to use the barricades with other cannon too. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete