Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Warlord Games Scots Lancers, And ECW Cavalry Roll Call

Finished the Scots lancers - these have heads and lance arms from Wargames Atlantic Conquistador and Heavy Cavalry sets.




There are now 8 units of cavalry - 4 each Royalist and Parliamentarian. Parliamentarian cavalry on the left, and Royalist cavalry on the right, below. I gave the Royalists the cuirassiers, although it's unlikely they had them. They'll be rated as Rupert's Lifeguard.
Would like to someday add a couple of units of dragoons, and possibly harquebusiers, but for now, these should be good for a nice game. Maybe have two units of cavalry on each flank.

Although 12 units of pike and shot foot should be enough for a game, I plan to work on another Scots foot unit, mainly because I had left over metal Perry Scots pikemen and command figures from the Warlord Games Scots Starter Army box. Anyway, not sure when I'll host an ECW game, but enjoy painting the figures. Until next time, thanks for stopping by, and hope you all are doing well.

23 comments:

  1. An incredibly bright and beautiful army! You just can’t take your eyes off it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind words, Alexey! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  2. Brilliant lancers and cavalry Dean, really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words again, Mike! Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  3. I guess I have fallen behind In realizing how many units you've collected on the project. They are very impressive when gathered together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Joe! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  4. Wow that's a fantastic looking unit Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Dean, they look very cool all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for your kind words, Ray! It's a project I enjoy adding to. Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  6. Nice work Dean and a fine collection of cavalry. I just need to base up my cavalry which I finished yesterday evening .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt! I'm very drawn to ECW, for some reason. Maybe it's because of Prince Rupert's poodle. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  7. That's an impressive display of cavalry, Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Richard! Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  8. Your latest troopers look fab, Dean! As Richard notes, this is an impressive display of horseflesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much as always Jonathan. Warm regards, Dean

      Delete
  9. Splendid work on your Scots lancers, the whole mass of cavalry is really impressive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Iain. Warmest regards, Dean

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Michal! Kind regards, Dean

      Delete
  11. The lancers have come up a treat Dean, and the rest of your ECW cavalry looks great too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much as always, Keith! Kindest regards, Dean

      Delete
  12. Another beautiful looking unit Dean and my goodness those massed horse look great!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete